Effective: October 28th, 2019
This policy applies to information we collect through MAL Live and in email, text, and other electronic messages you may send us or send through MAL Live. It does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or by any third party (including through any application or content (such as advertising) that may link to or be accessible from MAL Live).
Children Under Age 16
MAL Live is not intended for children under 16 years of age (“Children” or “Child”). Children may not provide any personal information to us or on MAL Live. We do not knowingly collect personal information from Children. If you are a Child as described above, do not use or provide any information on MAL Live or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a Child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a Child, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of MAL Live, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, user name or ID, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as aggregate site or application analytics information; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access MAL Live (such as your computer or mobile device, operating system and browser type), and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us. For example, this includes information provided when you register or purchase a ticket for MAL Live, post comments or other material through MAL Live, report any problems or provide feedback, or correspond with us in response to information we may request (such as through a web form or in response to a survey).
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of MAL Live, or transmitted to other users of MAL Live or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of MAL Live with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present MAL Live and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you notices about your account or any purchases you have made through us, such as tickets for MAL Live.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to MAL Live or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of MAL Live.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your email address to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please follow the instructions in the email to opt out of receiving such communications. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, our business partners and other third parties with whom we collaborate to bring you the MAL Live services or we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of qdopp’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by qdopp about MAL Live users is among the assets transferred.
- To our business partners or other third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of qdopp, our customers, our business partners, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may opt out from future promotional email distributions by following the opt out instructions in the email.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of MAL Live that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
“Do Not Track” Signals
European Users and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
EEA Individuals’ Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain data protection rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Subject to any exemptions provided by law, we aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, or delete your personal data. You can do this by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be informed what personal data we hold about you, and/or if you would like us to correct, amend, or delete your personal data.
In certain circumstances, your rights under the GDPR include the following:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have about you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. Your right to object includes the right to object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purpose.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have about you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please also note that our fulfillment of certain requests, such as requests to delete your information or restrict the processing of your information, may result in your being unable to use MAL Live or us being unable to provide you certain products or services.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement if you think we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the GDPR. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
- It enables you to use MAL Live.
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it's not overridden by your rights.
- To comply with the law.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to MAL Live, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We also urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of MAL Live like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of MAL Live.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to MAL Live. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures of MAL Live.